Sunday, May 17, 2020

Tonight's Project: Some Happy Heresies

Get the flamer...
I have a confession to make: I haven't painted anything the last few days. It's not that I don't want to paint anything. Honestly, I do, but it's been a busy week for me. Once I'm off work I've found the only thing I want to do at the moment is sit around and veg out playing FFXIV.

I did, however, make some time last night for some hobbying. Specifically, I decided to put together a few Chaos Space Marine possessed out of some old bits I had lying around.

The first of my happy heresies is a rather massive possessed terminator made up of various bits and pieces.

Kill...me....
Here's a better picture.
Please...
You can see this giant of a marine has the body of an old school metal Chaos terminator, complete with spike racks. I've cut off the bottom half and attached the cybernetic legs of...something. Honestly, I can't remember what model I got those legs from, or what game it's from. All I remember is it's not Games Workshop. The right arm is from the old Chaos mutations sprue, while the left arm is from an old metal Obliterator.

I kind of like how the Obliterator arm makes him look unbalanced.

The head, I believe, is from an old metal Chaos Spawn.

The second of the happy heresies is a random Chaos Space Marine with a giant crab claw. Because why the hell not?


The claw is from an old metal Chaos Spawn. Probably the same one that donated its head to the terminator project.

Last, but certainly not least, we have a rather Tzeentchian heresy.


Again, we have a crab claw from a Chaos Spawn for the left arm. The bottom half was sawed off of an old Flamer of Tzeentch.

I was something of a kitbasher back in my younger days. Possessed were a particular favorite of mine. The forces of Chaos are such that you can literally take almost any bits you have lying around and combine them into whatever monster your twisted imagination can come up with. That's part of what drew me to Chaos in the first place. These Possessed represent a return to those kitbashing roots.

Honestly, I have no plans for these models. I might paint them up as part of a themed Kill Team. I might tear them down and start all over again. Either one is possible. I really just threw these models together for the sheer joy of it. Creating these possessed was a fun exercise in creativity. 

After all, isn't that the entire purpose of this hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate The Light Of Eltharion

Oh really? My hobby time lately has been rather busy, especially since I recently acquired the Lumineth Realm Lords collector's box...