Friday, July 10, 2020

I Hate The Light Of Eltharion

Oh really?
My hobby time lately has been rather busy, especially since I recently acquired the Lumineth Realm Lords collector's box. I've spent my evenings diligently cutting, cleaning and painting my brand new aelves as citizens of Zaitrec.


Last night I decided to tackle the only character from the box, the Light of Eltharion. I can honestly say I had absolutely no idea what to expect with this model. I had read precious little concerning the assembly and painting of this aelven hero from the World That Was. All indications, however, were that this would be a rather challenging project.

First and foremost, let me just say that I absolutely hate the Light of Eltharion. I don't hate the look of the model. The Light of Eltharion looks positively amazing, especially when fully painted. Truly, it's one of the most intriguing kits that Games Workshop has put together. One wouldn't think Games Workshop would be able to figure out a way to create a miniature of a fighting, empty suit of armor, but here we are.

Truthfully, I can't wait to start painting mine.

Why am I hating on the Light of Eltharion then? Simply put, I hate this model because of how positively nerve wracking the assembly was. There are so many extremely thin bits on the sprue, and so many ways they could break during the cutting and cleaning process. Assembling the Light of Eltharion took me just a little under an hour, but my heart was in my throat the entire time.

Pictured: the bane of my existence...
 The fact that one of the ribbons coming off of the back of the Light of Eltharion's helmet was broken before I even took it off the sprue didn't help matters. Luckily I was able to get it back into place with some super glue and a bit (a lot) of patience.

I must admit, however, that I am pleased with the end result. The Light of Eltharion is truly a unique piece, and I can't wait to get it painted up to match the rest of my Zaitrec aelves.

Tonight's project perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate The Light Of Eltharion

Oh really? My hobby time lately has been rather busy, especially since I recently acquired the Lumineth Realm Lords collector's box...